Science or god?

Do you believe science has everything to do with it when it comes to getting pregnant and the gender of your child? or do you believe its all in gods hands? please dont go hating on people for there opinions, it was just a question. thanks ladies.

BUDDHASBABY1

Asked by BUDDHASBABY1 at 1:07 PM on Aug. 30, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• I believe in God. However, I don't think God spends time determining aspects of everyone's pregnancies. If that were the case, birth control wouldn't be able to decrease a population's fertility rates, which clearly does happen.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 1:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I do believe when the time is right God has everything to do with it.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I don't think many people believe God snaps his fingers and determines the sex. OBVIOUSLY the process of sex and reproduction has been proven. I think if anything, people believe God brings two people together, in the moment that is right in order to create the specific spawn.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I believe that the male sperm chooses the sex of the child because science tells us that, however I also believe God has a plan and we will have whatever sex we are meant to. I also believe we will have as many children as we can handle. That is why some women have 1 and others have 5. There is no scientific reason other than birth control why a woman trying and trying only has 1 child other than it is a plan we dont know about. Hope that makes sense.

Answer by gemgem at 1:13 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• gemgem: you said god gives us as many children as we can handle? what about those women who just keep getting pregnant and lets child services take them then keeps giving them back?
    BUDDHASBABY1

Comment by BUDDHASBABY1 (original poster) at 1:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• SCIENCE

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:19 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• science
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 1:23 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Science! From the time the initial cells split, gender is decided, however I do not believe the spirit enters the body until there is in fact a working body able to be separate from that of the mother. Our spirits choose us only after gender is identified, and we see what happens when the spirit of one gender enters the body of the other by looking at and listening to the stories and experiences of Transsexual individuals. TS people are only proof to me that our spirit's gender affects who we are, not what we are.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:24 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I am Roman Catholic..
    I can make observations in hindsight:
    I had a child when I was 40 that has Down Syndrome...She is 18 now.
    I look back and see that it was in God's plan to make this happen...:)
    VeronicaTex

Answer by VeronicaTex at 1:26 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Well science doesn't exactly determine it, it just explains how it happens. But If you don't follow the scientific proceedure than it's not like you're going to get pregnant.....I mean you HAVE to have sex or IVF, or in some other way get sperm to meet egg. It's not like you can sneeze while thinking about babies and wind up pregnant.......as for gender that has to do with the "luck of the draw" and what sperm makes it's way to the egg first, whether it is an X chromosome spermie or a Y chromosome spermie......and that's all a game of chance or "luck", based on part on statistics (but really there is no way to measure how many of the spermies in an ejaculation are x and how many are y when it's ejaculated inside the woman's body. In a cup, maybe, but those numbers are prone to change with every discharge)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2011