Is it wrong that i don't let my sister see my baby? or let her babysit?

Here is my problem my sister is 31 and acts like she is still in highschool! She drinks ALOT and im pretty sure she smokes weed. Twice she has called me wasted and DRIVING home from some bar and they other day she almost got car jacked because she was so intoxicated! She says she wont do those things if she had the baby but i just don't know if i can trust her! Am i judging her to harsh? My baby is only 3months old and its not like she could tell me if aunty was drunk trying to change her diaper! And i am afraid that my sister may lie/hide her drinking if i questioned her on it after watching my dd

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• there is no way if she were my sister that she would be watching my kid. i think you already know the answer i just think that its your sister and you feel bad that you don't trust her with your child and you are looking for some back up with this well honey you got mine. i wouldn't trust her either. at least not with my child.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Trust your instincts.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am not sure if I would trust her to babysit, but you could visit her with the baby and be there the entire time, so she can at least see her. Then you don't have to worry about anything happening to her because you will be there the whole time.
    wonderpetsmom

Answer by wonderpetsmom at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Don't leave her if you have any doubts! My sister is 34, and while I do let her see my baby I would never let her keep him alone.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It's not wrong that you don't let her babysit but it's wrong that you don't let her see the baby. 2x she's called you drunk? I can remember LOTS of times my sister called me drunk...it doesn't mean she's an alcoholic or a bad auntie.
    Anonymous

• I don't trust my sis either. She is an alcoholic and drug addict, who can't even stand to be around her own child. I wouldn't let anyone I don't trust sit with my child for any amount of time. I won't even let my sis see my child when she stops by to visit. I don't want that kind of influence around my DD. Stick to your guns.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008