Can sex make you feel better?

So this is a question that lingers in my head.....
Do sex make you feel better?
There are time when i'm not feeling too hott, like my head will hurt or i'm cramping or i'm just in a funky mood..... He'll come to me and say "Lets have sex, it'll make you feel better!
So we do, it i'll be damned, but it works! Is it in my mind? Or can sex really help you feel better?!

Mommy2life

Asked by Mommy2life at 1:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• They say it boosts your immune system and it releases chemicals in your brain which can make you feel better.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• When I am feeling sick--stuffy nose or cough--it makes me feel better. It has to release some chemicals that make you feel better. Just enjoy it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Most times it works for me! :o) There must be something to it!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sex releases natural mood boosters, in the brain like dopamean (SP?) and saratonine (sp?)
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• well im 37 weeks pregnant and in sooooooo much pain and i have a really bad cold.... so sex hasnt been on the top of my to do list!! Well last night we had really good sex and my back felt way better for quite awile afterwards and nose got unstuffed and my cough went away till morning!! So im guessing there is something to it!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sex triggers the brain to release endorphins which are basically the body's "feel good" chemicals.  Exercise and some foods like chocolate have the same effect.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Without getting into all the technical reasons............ ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 2:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Endorphins are good for you, but honestly (and I know how cheesy this is!), it just makes me feel good emotionally, which always makes me feel better!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Besides the endorphins, there is a biological urge for sex that feels good when it is satisfied. Also you make the connection wih the other person. It feels good to have his attention. Another thought is that it also makes you concentrate on something other than the aches and worries that you might have.

Answer by Bmat at 3:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008