I think my son just had a seizure!?

my baby is 6 months old and for the past couple of days, he has been sick. it started on last tues. he had a running nose and was very crabby. he kept grabbing at his ear so i thought he has an ear infection, so i gave him some tylenol. wed he was fine, thur he was ok, then fri he started to get real congested. this weekend he has been ok, though he has a hard time eating because of his nose. last night i took his temp and it was 100.4. I gave him some tylenol and put a cool cloth on him, then he went to bed and slept well through the night. This morning his nose has just been running really bad, well after i dropped my DF off at work we came back here and i went to go pull him out of his car seat and he was shaking, not bad but enough to scare me really bad so i grabbed him out of his car seat really fast and he was still sorta shaking then it stopped and he was fine and smiling. i took his temp and it was only 99.4.

kaotikmodelmom

Asked by kaotikmodelmom at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Kids' Health

• How was he acting when he was shaking etc...?

My daughter has had febrile seizures and they did not sound quite like that. Both times she would first go unresponsive, with a fixed stare. Then both her arms would clench into fists and fold up to her chest and she would start to convulse. After the episode ended she would be non responsive and would often have vomitted duing it. It would almost be like she was dead. Then a few minutes later she would be awake and fine.

Also usually her temps were very high, though I think children can get febrile seizures at any temp.

It can't hurt to call the doctor and have them take a quick look at him since he has bene sick and all.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• as a kid i was epileptic, but i grew out of it and never needed meds. he has been fine since and he has been laughing and playing. should i be concerned?
    kaotikmodelmom

Answer by kaotikmodelmom at 1:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Did he poop after? If he had a seizure he would lose control of his bowels. I would call his pediatrician
    Anonymous

• Was his eyes rolled back in his head? If they were than it could of been. If his eyes were normal than I don't think so.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i would make a doc appointment for as soon as possible to find out what caused it there may or may not be a problem. good luck
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I would take him to his Pedi. New time and new age for things and you deff don't want to wait around to "see if" if happens again. It's better to be safe than sorry. Call and make a apt today!
    Best wishes.
    Mommy2life

Answer by Mommy2life at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• if you think your kid had a seizure you should be at the drs or er not here asking if he had one...Your son is more important than getting on the computer to ask strangers what they think...GO TO HIS DOCTORS!!!!
    ReneeLRS

Answer by ReneeLRS at 1:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It could have been a febrile seizure.
    Anonymous

• So why are you still here? I would be flying to the hospital!
    Anonymous