Did you gain a ton of weight in your last trimester?

I'm 30 wks and have gained 22 lbs. (I was about 10 lbs. underweight when I began the pregnancy). Did you gain a lot in the last trimester? I read that women gain the majority of the weight in the last and am kinda worried I"m going to blow up! Did your face get swollen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My face got swollen, but that was because I had preeclampsia and was swollen all over. I gained 27 lbs total and about 70 % was in the 3rd trimester.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am the exact same. I am now 30 weeks pregnant, was ten pounds underweight originally, and have gained almost thirty pounds. However, I am never swollen and only my belly looks pregnant. I think it might have just been from being so tiny in the beginning that I have gained so much.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Stop worrying. You are supposed to gain between 25 and 40 pounds. And if you were underweight then you may gain a little exta. That is natures way of perparing you for a healthy pregnancy and to breatfeed. I gained 39 and have 5 more to lose. My baby is 6 months tomorrow. Relax, you are going to gain a lot before the end. Just work it off after the baby is here.
    coala

Answer by coala at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• with my first son i started off underweight like you did and i gained 30lbs all together and a good 80% was in the end. i didnt have any swelling till the very end. sorry being pregnant required weight gain.
    this time im 23weeks and have gained 10lbs so far. Im sure there is more to come lol.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I gained more in the last six weeks than I did in the first six months. You are supposed to gain while pregnant, the best thing to do is eat healthy and keep as active as possible.
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 1:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i gained 80lbs during the whole pregnancy and yes, about 75% of those 80lbs during the last trimester
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• In my first pregnancy, I gained 15 pounds in each trimester. 45 pounds total.
    After the birth, when my daughter was 9 months old, I still had 20 pounds to lose when I found out I was pregnant again. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and haven't gained a pound yet. I think it's because my body has enough stored fat from the previous pregnancy. It's funny, I actually weigh what I did at 4.5 months last time. So, I'm right where I was before. I'll probably get up as high as I did before too. Uh-oh, LOL. :)
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I gained a pound a week each week of my pregnancy, though I think it was slightly more towards the end as I ended up gaining a total of 50 pounds. One of my feet started swelling a bit the last few weeks, but it was also the middle of summer! I didn't swell until during/after delivery, and then I was huge!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• im 30wks 5 days and the doctor told me today ive gained 10 lbs in since the last time i came in which was 6 weeks ago.
    MiMiBreezy

Answer by MiMiBreezy at 10:17 PM on Dec. 30, 2008