I know this is kind of really disgusting

but I just took a particularly hard BM and it was full of blood. I'm 30 weeks pregnant and I have a doctors appointment a few hours later but called immediately and the nurse said just to come in and tell him then. and to make it even better, our apartment is crappy and the water sometimes doesn't work and it would pick now to not flush so I just have a pot full of blood sitting there. Anyone else have this problem? The blood problem. Not the crappy apartment one.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• That sucks, hope you feel better. It is probably a hemorroid.
    Anonymous

• lol i got the crappy apartment problem to its cool it happens. You may have hemmroids becuz it was a hard BM it may have scraped you coming out which caused some bleeding it happens to me to.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• it could just be hemroids, I wouldn't worry if the doctors office wasn't
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 1:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It may have been from a hemmroid. If it was bright red then its' not internal bleeding or anything. Perhaps your hard bm caused a slight tear as well
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 1:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• That is perfectly normal for someone who is that far along and had a hard BM. You aggrivated your hemrroids. When you are pregnant there is more blood flow to those areas to that is why more blood came out and you get irritated easier.

Go to walgreens and get a "sitz bath" you will use one of these anyway once you leave the hospital with a newborn. They help with healing, but you can use it now for hemrroids.

Also it is safe to use preparation H. I would recommend applying that and go get some colace. Colace is also safe and is a stool softner. Another thing that is also good for after delivery, you will need it.

Hope this all helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 2:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm thinking you just overstrained and have a bleeding hemmorhoid, but definitely mention it to your doctor! Blood usually looks like a lot more than it is, especially when you're really worried about it! :)
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008