What is the best sling/carrier?

I have an 18 month old and a 3 week old. I never used a sling or carrier with my daughter, but feel it would benefit my sanity to use one with my son...LOL

I am looking for good quality, easy to use, and affordable. Anyone have any suggestions?

Sarah707

Asked by Sarah707 at 1:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There is no one perfect carrier. Every mother and child has a different preference. I loved stretchy wraps for newborns, though. The Moby is very cool. But it can be a little difficult to figure out in the beginning.

An easier option might be an un-padded ring sling, or an adjustable pouch. Perhaps try a Maya wrap ring sling, or Kangaroo Korner pouch

Any of those are good for newborns because it holds them close and tight, mimicing the feeling of being in the womb.
    mamalinzie

Answer by mamalinzie at 2:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I use a Baby Bjorn and LOVE it. I actually feel better wearing it then when I'm not (without the baby in it, of course). It just seemed to support my body so well.

Really, though, I think you just need to try a bunch on and see what works best for you. Some take awhile to put on and require a little more patience, some are quick and easy...but might be less comfortable.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have a Snuggli and I absolutely LOVE that thing!
    wintertyme

Answer by wintertyme at 3:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I prefer a wrap for the first few months, and then a ring sling.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Ultimate Baby Wrap. Its freakin awesome! I love it.
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008