Do you judge other people?

In Matthew Ch 7: 1-2 it states, (1) Judge not, that ye be not judged. (2) For with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

variance001

Asked by variance001 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I try not to ..But i will admit that I am guilty of judging someone. I think it is partially human nature.. If you see a woman dressed in revealing clothes, you automatically assume she is promiscuous. I think most ppl won't admit it though.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We all judge, but it is God's final decision.
    Anonymous

• All people judge...it is just a way of life.
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Judging the intentions of one's heart is wrong, only God knows the heart. As ChristiansI do believe we are to use judgment when it comes to deciphering what is sin.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 2:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think how one carries themselves on the outside reveals who they are on the inside or WANT to be! If you are confident, you will dress and carry yourself in an appropriate and authoritative manner. If you are insecure, you will likely dress in revealing or over-the-top attire (to get attention), and carry yourself accordingly.

My husband was into alternative/punk rock music as a teenager, but never felt the need to get a pink mohawk, body piercings, tattoos, etc., and he says it's because he didn't want anyone to judge or assume anything about him before getting to know him.

I think everyone needs to be aware of their surroundings and people within. Unfortunately we live in a scary world, and a prudent person will be conscientious of the people who MAY want to do us harm. One cannot be blind when it comes to common sense.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We all screw up and judge from time to time, its a matter of trying not to and realizing when you do that matters.

I am not a bad judger but I do have my moments.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I never judge the lifestyles or choices of other people because 1) it's not my place or my business and 2) I don't really care.  How people choose to live their lives is their business and if I don't agree with it, I just don't do it.  Simple as that! 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 2:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• There is such a thing as righteous judgment, but its something that is not supposed to be used as often as we say we are using it. Judging anothers motives or intentions is WRONG...bottom line. However, if I see someone clearly abusing a leadership position and hurting others because of their own insecurity, then I am going to call them on it...judgment or not. Its a very precarious place and one that God does not take lightly. This is not a scripture to use as an excuse to do whatever you want. Thats a cop out.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Doesn't every one to some deagree?
    Anonymous

• I think everyone judges at least to some degree. It's easy for someone to judge another for what they say, do, or believe - but a strong person who does not rush to judgement actually tries to understand another's position and stand in their shoes. We judge to quickly IMO. Our final judgement will be our Father's decision.

dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 3:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008