How do i get my 21 mth older daughter to start using the toilet?

she will not keep her pull ups on, she will take of panties but pee on the floor

youngmomma05

Asked by youngmomma05 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My son is the same way. He strips off the diaper 6-8 times aday. Hes 2 1/2 and he semi gets the potty thing. I usually just put clothes on over his diaper. Hes not ready for potty training, but doesnt like the wet diaper. So we are just in between phases right now. You can't make her go, so as long as you are doing a routine with her and keeping her on a schedule, she will eventually pick it up, but until then, just put a pull up on her and put some clothes on her. I am kinda laid back about potty training. I just let him go at his own pace.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i have always heard to consistant with what u are doing. leave the panties on and at first u maybe the one trained not her. boys seem to start getin it when they are about 3. it will come. i always at first limited or really monitored the drinking. if they went they would be able to have more to drink. sit and read a book or have reading material for the kids to look at while they are sitin on the potty.
    mom889606

Answer by mom889606 at 3:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• what i had to do was only give my dd something to drink at meal time, and first thing in the am put her on the potty til she peed, repeat after lunch, dinner and before bed...eventually she got the gist of going pee in the potty and would tell me when she had to pee...good luck, i know potty training can be super frustrating.
    barefootbchbum

Answer by barefootbchbum at 7:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008