Are you careful about what you say to people?

In Matthew 12:36 it states, (36) But I say to you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

variance001

Asked by variance001 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• no i am not i say what is on my mind, if you don't want to hear what i have to say don't ask
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I try to sensor what I say; it doesn't always happen though a few things slip sometimes. but words do hurt and can't be taken back so I choose my words wisely.
    ms.taylor_made

Answer by ms.taylor_made at 2:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I always bite my tongue--especially here on CafeMom...or I post anonymously!!! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• alot of times i do. just depends on what it is
    mamaangie1974

Answer by mamaangie1974 at 2:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I feel that I am trying to be an example. If I want to say something mean that I realy think about it before I say it. I don't like to get it so I don't want to say it. That verse just tells you what your mind should tell you. God gave us our minds to tell us what is wrong and right. That is what we should do but for those that need a little help remembering he gave us an instruction book (the Bible.)
    tichelle

Answer by tichelle at 2:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Not usually.
    Im careful to try and not offend when I know there are a variety of opinions but I still give my opinion.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 2:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I try to. I certainly try very hard to not make anyone else feel bad.

Our pastor told how his kid once was tape recording the adults talking without their knowledge and then playing it back later. He said it makes you think of what you're saying.

I think it's the same way with our entire lives, both with what we say and how we act. I would hate to view a mishap later on.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 2:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm far from perfect only my God is. I am like Paul in Romans 7:15 "For I don't practice what I want to do but instead do what I hate" Yesturday was a good example when I got angree with my kids. One wanted to not go to class so we all
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• in church so we all went to the overflow room and watched it on the big screen well I missed half the service because of the talking and baby was fussy. I got in the flesh when no one knew what the message was about and I was not the nicest christian mommy. I felt so bad later for being so upset.
    JCRestoredme

Answer by JCRestoredme at 3:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yeah usually. I admit to having run my mouth before just like anyone human. I am a leader by creation. Its not something that I take lightly and not something I can change. I have a lot of people watching me and waiting to call me out on my words, so I generally try to be supportive and encouraging. If I say something that I feel is truth, but might be kinda harsh, I try to do it tactfully. Just like anyone else though, I have stuck my foot in my mouth. I do believe the book of James is true. Our tonge is a fire and it can literally corrupt our whole being. Its a serious thing.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 3:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008