When did you start your kids on rice?

My son just seems like hes eating so much but hes only 8 weeks?

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 2:12 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I started my six year old daughter on rice when she as 2 months. I started my 2 year old son on rice when he was 4 weeks he was on table food a 4 months he chewing hi rice ceral at 4 weeks, my daughter is almost 5 months and she is not ready for it yet she just spit it out she wont try to swallow it. Hope that helps.

Answer by raelove81 at 2:18 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I just tried at 4 months and he doesnt like it. I think he is just not ready yet.

Answer by Huntersmom209 at 2:19 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I think my son was 6-8 weeks old when I started him on it.

Answer by TattooedBeauty at 2:21 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I started my son at 4 months after ok  from his doctor. I use spoon and mix it with formula or carrots. So far he likes it. Good luck.

Answer by elldev at 2:27 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My son was 3.5 months when he first tried it and starting getting it daily at about 4 months.

Answer by 2daneMom at 2:32 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• my oldest son was 2 weeks old. my youngest got rice in his bottle from a week old and started eating it at 4 months old because of a sensory issue.

Answer by erins2ndbaby at 2:41 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• My daughter got her first rice when she was 3 months old. She started on solids at 4 months and this was with permission with the dr because I told him all her eating habits. Talk to the doctor and see what he/she says and what the baby wants.

Answer by Babyduche at 2:45 PM on Jun. 19, 2008