WTF is with this pelvic pain? 26 weeks pregnant.....

Hi, ladies! I am 26 weeks pregnant with a little boy. I have been having pelvic pressure since I was about 18 weeks.... and now it has turned into FULL-BLOWN PAIN. I feel like my crotch area is bruised. I can hardly walk half of the time, stairs are EVIL (we live on the 3rd floor of our building!) and I can't take it easy most of the time because I have a 9 year old daughter AND I am single with NO help from ANYONE. I have mentioned this pain and pressure to my OB dr and they just blow it off like it's not a big deal. Well, it IS a big f*cking deal because it hurts and the pain is almost crippling. I have researched it and I know there is something called 'Pubic Symphisis Dysfunction' and can be VERY painful... the symptoms of this disorder are exactly what I am experiencing. Other symptoms are having a hard time picking up my legs, being almost unable to roll over in bed, and overall pain when walking. Today I even went to the local ER to the maternity ward and they put the monitor on my belly to check the baby and the midwife checked my cervix.... and nothing. They say take TYLENOL and try to massage my damn vagina. Yea, NOT working. I need something to relieve this pain and I feel like all these doctors are doing is brushing me off. I am getting REALLY frustrated, PLEASE HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:37 PM on Aug. 30, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Yeah I think you hit it on the head with PSD. Take the tylenol, it will help but nothing short of delivering the baby will get it to go away. Don't carry anything that you don't have to, (hard I know!) Put a pillow between your knees to roll over in bed. DO not do anything you absolutely do not have to because you have 14 more weeks. They blow it off because there really is little they can do. One friend said that those maternity belts helped (not for me though.) I took the warmest bath I could to help relax it (not so hot that you are sweating and over heating, but comfortable warm.) I made random guys at the grocery store carry and lift things for me and I cleaned nothing that did not have to be cleaned. (Yeah it was kinda gross but then my nesting instinct kicked in and took care of that.)

I wish you could get disability for something like that but not so much. I remember how bad it hurt and you have my sympathy.
    bebcarroll

Answer by bebcarroll at 2:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• Thanks!!!! Good suggestions!!! I sometimes use a heating pad..... and take Tylenol. It is SO hard to not lift things, though. NO ONE ever wants to help me do anything and I have no men close to me to help.... my 9 year old daughter never wants to help carry shit upstairs so a lot of the time groceries stay in the trunk for weeks..... everything but the cold stuff. I'm trying to take it easy but it is HARD and then when I tell people I can't left things they always say I am acting like a light weight. AAHHH I can't wait to not be pregnant anymore!!! Thanks!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:05 PM on Sep. 3, 2011