*For CHRISTIANS ONLY*

As a women how do you feel having friendships with men?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I think friendship is fine nothing out of the ordinary no flirting or anything like that involved and I truly believe in my husband and I having the same friends this way no one is discluded from anything. I don't keep anything from my husband what I know he knows and all of our friends are friends to both of us not just 1 of us
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 2:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Do you think that your spouse should make you aware of relationship with another women? why or why not?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I feel that it is not OK..as I am dedicated to my man and my man only..He is my guy friend I need no others..I feel it is disrespectful to my man..He is catholic.
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:38 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If you are a Christian, I think that you can have a friendship with a man unless your husband doesn't want for you to.
    callico

Answer by callico at 2:40 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

Absolutely!  There should be no secrets in a marriage.  I am with justinscottsmom on this one.....my hubby and I share friends.  Friends that we had before we got together are now friends with both he and I.

HomeBoundMama

Answer by HomeBoundMama at 2:42 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• do you think that you should have a male friend without telling your husband or vise versa?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• What if the hubby is unsaved and doesn't see the significant in telling you that info?
    Anonymous

• My husband and I tell eachother everything if a guy makes a pass at me at a store he knows and vice versa, we keep nothing from eachother. He has friends at work that he makes sure that I am introduced to. If I made a new male freind I wouuld tell my husband because they will end up being friends, if my husband has a problem with someone the friendship stops there my husband has the same courtesy and respect for me as well. It's marriage we are eachothers best friends and we tell eachother EVERYTHING
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 2:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I feel the same way.. however, my husband who confesses to be Christian doesn't feel like he has to tell me that information.. He actually told me he really doesn't care who i am friends with.. what can i do if anything?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:56 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Unmarried - absolutely. Married - surface level friendship, like neighbor, co-worker, etc. Yes. An intimate friendship where you share intimate details of your life or marriage, no. I know a lot of married people - Christian and non - who feel you can but I think it's treading in dangerous waters. People are always saying "you can't help who you fall in love with" why take the risk then. Temptation is a funny thing.

Hedges by Jerry B. Jenkins is really good. You can actually read it online I think here - http://www.crossway.org/product/1581346646/contents#extra I may be helpful in talking to hubby and expressing your feelings on this issue. He most certainly should tell you who his friends are and where/when he'll be out with them, out of respect for you. You should be his BEST friend.
    pwfaith

Answer by pwfaith at 7:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2008