Cheating advice please: Do I tell him?

I was in an abusive relationship for 2 years. The worse I've gotten a black eye and a hairline fracture in my ribs. My X got locked up for DV and during that time I cleared my head. That ended up with me sleeping with another man. I felt no remorse because my X has done emotional and physical abuse as well as harassing. I was homeless and to try and make up for everything he did, he gave me a lil over $2K in a matter of 2 months. I treated him like dirt and continued taking his money and lying to him. These past couple of days I felt horrible that I turned into such an ugly person and I apologized and came clean about all the lying, however, not the sleeping with someone else. I don't want to tell him, I'm not trying to mend our relationship because I refuse without counseling. Do you think I should tell him or let it go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't know why you went back to him to begin with...He hit you and abused you...
    You going back to him is asking for that all over again..
    If you tell him you will probably end up with another black eye.............
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This is your EX. Father of your child too? If so, then don't feel bad abot the money because he needs to have responsibility.

You cannot cheat on an EX.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Okay, let me say this real quick before more people say the same thing: I'm not looking to going back. I'm asking whether I should tell him or not and completely confess, OR if we do go to counseling (which I doubt it) do I come clean and tell him?
    Anonymous

• Let it go. He will more than likely to give you a black eye like dannee said. Leave it alone and move on.
    aznblond9

Answer by aznblond9 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• NO! I DON'T THINK YOU SHOULD TELL HIM OR GO BACK TO HIM HE MIGHT DO MORE SERIOUS DAMAGE TO YOU SO YOU PUTTING YOUR LIFE AT RISK
    sexysister

Answer by sexysister at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• you are not smart for going back to him in the first place!
    he WILL hit you.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am confused,, you don't know if you should tell your ex boyfriend who was abusive to you that you slept with another man...hmmm.. He shouldn't even be a part of your life, no counseling, no need to tell. Let him go, and get on with your life, and getting into some individual counseling wouldn't hurt, maybe it will help you understand why you chose these abusive men.. Good Luck,,,
    Anonymous

• If you go to counseling and are giving it a good try, then I might open up. Otherwise, I'd close the door on this relationship! Actually, I'd SLAM it!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008