it ok let my 8 year old girl were parfume and deodrant to school and we go off

she like small and for the deodrant if she dont were it she smell

sweetpea292

Asked by sweetpea292 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• if she is have a body odor problem then i would let her wear the deodorant. perfume no
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• so what is your question
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• too young if you ask me... but you probably dont.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• well what i got out of it is would you let your eight year old wear deodorant or perfume to skool.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• oh...i wouldnt let her wear perfume maybe like body spray or something girl and small but not actual perfume. and def deodorant.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Some kids need deodorant by that age. YES.
    3gymnastsmom

Answer by 3gymnastsmom at 2:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• it's your daughter, whatever you think is best for her.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My kids are 5 and 7 years old and yes I put alittle on them bc for some reason they start to smell like BO. If you do decide to do this just put alittle for them they have little bodies of course not like us we just keep putting on that stuff in one sitting. As far as perfume just a quick pump on her little wrist. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Deodorant, yes. Perfume, no. Perfume is too strong of a scent for a little girl. I'd say a body spray though. They make some really nice ones. I'd visit Body Shop and let her pick one or two out.

Is she bathing/showering on a regular basis and properly?  Does she play hard or sweat easily?

I know that my 11 yo nephew thinks that jumping in the shower and rinsing off is taking a shower. He used to have beautiful longish hair, but because he wasn't washing it properly or taking care of it, he had to get it cut. I know he's a boy, but that's no excuse not to wash properly. He wears deodorant and a body spray.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I see no problem with deoderant at that age...some kids need it! But I'd really consider a natural chemical free variety of deoderant.

As for perfume....I'd start her off with Love's Baby Soft
    MommaLucy

Answer by MommaLucy at 2:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008