• In the Spotlight:

Can I get my hair cutt while I am pregnant?

i heard that you are not suppose to get your hair cutt while you are pregant because i can ruin your hair.

gurlieracer4

Asked by gurlieracer4 at 2:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• thats not true.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• coloring while pregnant can ruin your hair, not cutting
    Anonymous

• yes, you can cut your hair while pregnant. i just cut off 3.5 inches yesterday and it's the best haircut I've had in a long time. i feel great about it.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• WHy on earth would it ruin your hair ?
    Someone gave you bad information, cut it all you like !
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 2:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I've never heard of that one. You can get your hair cut. It's just advised not to get your hair dyed during your first trimester. I got my hair dyed but didn't know I was pregnant yet...all of the color washed right out the first time I washed it. Something with your hormones, it can cause the dye to do funky things on your hair. And if you do decide to dye it after the 1st trimester, just make sure it doesn't touch your scalp...hair dyes have a lot of chemicals that you don't want absorbing into your skin while pregnant.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• That's not true at all. :) It's certain dyes and chemicals you need to be concerned about, and most of those are ok, too. Your hair oftentimes changes when you're pregnant, so you're more likely to end up with color/curl problems due to the different nature of your hair.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• thats not true at all... you shouldnt dye it though.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• you should get regular cuts to maintian the ends, even while pregnant... maybe even more so while pregnant since your hair grows faster because of the hormones.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Not true. Don't dye it thought.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm trying not to giggle, but there is NO reason you can't cut your hair while you're pregnant.
    RanaAurora

Answer by RanaAurora at 4:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008