do you think this is fair enougH? :)

i work part time job, and im 8 1/2 months pregnant. im the one that does our laundry and mostly the main one to clean our home. my SO works full time and i only ask for him to help me SOMETIMES...not usually but sometimes because its geting to the point of its hard for me to maneuver around lol.
i think its fair enough, we both work and im still the one that does the house i just ask for a little bit of help sometimes from him...

is that fair enough? or am i asking too much?

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 2:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• More than fair enough! He should be willing to take on a LOT more now, really, no matter how much he works! My husband worked more than me, but he took on the majority of the housework when I was pregnant, and I didn't even have to ASK him to.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am sorry... You shouldn't have to ask for help.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 3:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i dont mind doing it at all. id rather do it because i like my way lol...im picky like that.

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• In our house everyone is responsible for upkeep...the cooking, laundry, and the cleaning. It isn't all on me. I have enough to do with work and keeping up with my own things, I am not going to pick up after everybody else. Asking for a helping hand now and then is not out of line and as reflect1light said....You shouldn't have to.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 3:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I just like doing it for myself. But my SO doesnt like me doing it by myself. It makes him feel bad. He just gets in my way when he tries to help
    Marah2008

Answer by Marah2008 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My SO works over 40 hours a week. Driving a truck. I dont work at all right now because of hypotension syncope i was diagnosed with before I convceived. But he will come home in the mornings and do stuff around the apartment because I have been feeling so bad...everytime I move I get sick. So no I dont think ur asking to much. Im only 41/2 months and I havent really been able to do anything this whole time specially with my condition. Does he gripe at times....yes of course....but he gets over it.
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 3:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Damn, I am so spoiled lol. All men should help regardless. We both work full-times jobs, but my husband has been the biggest help. I am 31weeks and he does all the hard stuff. We made it to where (because I wanted to help more) that I would do laundry... but he thought that to be too much for me so he carries it up and down the stairs for me and all I do is wash it and he puts it away lol. We are about equal on the kitchen. He does all vacuuming. We go halves on bathrooms. They get to be too much for me since there are 5 of them. But I fel like he always does way more than me. But enough rambling, no it is not too much to ask.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This is a weird question...whatever works for you two is 'fair enough.'
    Anonymous

• I think that if he understands what you are going through then he should be helping you. I am 21 weeks and im having complications and still get told to do things im not suuposed to do. I am not going to hurt myself or the baby for my SO or anyones problems, i tell him my baby is more importnant then helping him
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008