To those moms that know your kids are sexually active

how often do you take your kids to get tested for std?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• I never had sex before I was married, but all my friends in high school went every 6 months. They were monogamous for the post part and used protection every time.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 2:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My two daughters have been sexually active, and I know my youngest has her annual gyn apts. and exams. Her and her partner use condoms too. But I have never really taken them to get checked for STDs.
    Anonymous

• i went every 6 months or everytime i changed partners just to be safe my mom never did aynthing i did it all on my own
    Anonymous

• every 6 months.... they have walk in labs here in Atlanta don't know where you are but that's where I take my kid.
    fae

Answer by fae at 9:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Good question. If I had a teen who was sexually active I think it would have to get him regular health check ups to make sure he was okay would certainly be prudent. I think I would talk to my son's doctor or a doctor about how often a sexually active teen needs a physical. I would also make sure my child knew and has access to condoms and birth control. We would be surely having some talks about sexual health and what is responsible sexual behaviors. I'm not a prude so I would be honest and open with him. If he can't talk to me I would find someone he is comfortable talking to. The very minimum would be setting up appointments with his doctor at recommended times. His doctor can also talk to him professionally. I would also make sure the person he is involved with is of a legal age to consent for sex.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Well my kids are little so i dont have to worry...... but this is something that always has scared me to death!! So when i became sexually active it was always every six months even when i was married and even now that im in a serious relationship with my SO. It bothers him that i get tested but sorry you can never be to carefull!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 6:31 AM on Dec. 30, 2008