Would you mention this to your husband?

I am tired of living paycheck after pay check and I am sure I am not the only one.
I want to open an account for us but not let my dh know about it or he will want to dip in it. Not to mention we do have account toghether but how can I get money out to save on this account wiht out him noticing? Thanks Ladies

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I use my ATM card to get groceries and get $10-$20 cash back every time. After a while, it adds up, and I can pull out a few dollars here and there as needed. Hubby never knows because it's just part of the grocery bill. The money is safe in my purse with my emergency chocolate bar, because sometimes Mama needs a chocolate bar.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 3:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• are you both working or just him?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Well, if direct deposit is being used on either part, you could have a percentage deposited into the secret acct and the balance deposited into the shared acct. That is what I do..
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 3:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This is how I save money from hubby without being deceitfil. When I go shopping, he always gives me cash, or I go to the ATM. Say I take out $140 and groceries were $123.76. I take all the change and put it on top of our refrigerator with the cleaning products (lord knows he never looks there lol) He never asks for change and he doesn't want to spend it, cause he doesn't know about it. Then, when we are strapped for cash, I pull down a $20 and say I found it in the wash. No interest, but it beats the heck out of opening a secret account, he may get mad about that.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If he has poor money management (which it sounds like he does) he will not notice you taking $10 out of the account every paycheck. It will take a while to build up but you will get there! And normally I would say your husband should be on board and know....but I think this should be your secret in your specific case.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 3:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008