Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how do i become a teacher

i live in ca but next yr i will be in az what do i need to be a teacher can i go to comm collage

Answer Question

Asked by truannmil at 3:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
Answers (5)
  • I live in Pa. You seem to realize things may change from state to state. Be sure anything you start in Ca, you can finish in Az. Two years at community college can get you an early childhood associate degree and you can teach preschool or teach at a daycare. Four years of college earns you a degree in education. You need to conside what grades you want to teach - elementary or secondary. There is further education but that is what is required basically.

    Answer by happi-ladi at 3:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

  • i don't know how it is out there but like happiladi said early childhood you can but anywhere else you have to go through a college/university

    Answer by krazyash023 at 3:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

  • i want to teach mid school like 1st - 6 grade math

    Answer by truannmil at 3:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

  • You can take certain classes at a comm. college that will transfer. Certain level math, English, and sciences. I would get a counselling appt. at the college you want to go to and see what credits they accept. In general the higher courses at comm. college do transfer, but remedial ones that are prerequisites for higher comm. college courses do not


    Answer by Teachermom01 at 6:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

  • My sister is a teacher in Tucson, AZ. She graduated with an early childhood degree from Texas A&M. Then she had to take a test to be able to teach in AZ. You basically need a degree.

    Answer by AmyMK at 3:41 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
im being sued!!!

Next question overall (Pregnancy)