Baby shower problem...

I had 4 baby showers with my last pregnancy and there were a few problems...Like people brought their kids and the kids ruined it. They ran around, screamed, food was every where...
I'm planning my baby shower now and I'm wondering how I can nicely ask people to not bring their kids. I dont want anyone to be offended but I don't want to be annoyed the time.
Also, I know the whole 'Take what youre given and be happy for it' rule. But NOBODY even looked at my registry. And I did it for a reason. Ya know? How do you make sure people pay attention to your registry?

MommaWoods

Asked by MommaWoods at 3:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i dont think she asked what you thought was bad etiquette, she was asking a different question. i always thought it was bad etiquette to throw in your snotty question when not asked.
    Anonymous

• I would say to but on the invites no kids allowed and then also put a copy of your registry in each invitation.
    HayHayMarie2009

Answer by HayHayMarie2009 at 3:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• put a paper thing in it that says where you are registered. and cross your fingers they pay attention to it. on the invite, only put the name of the adult you are wanting to invite and on the inside of every invite put adult baby shower only or something like that...
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 3:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I always thought it was poor etiquette to A.) Throw your own Shower B.) have a shower after your first baby, cause you already have the essentials Just throwing that out there.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 3:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• all you can do is let people know nicely you have registered some where you cant make them buy you something off there and you cant make them look at it. sorry.
    As for the children i guess just ask nicerly that it be adults only but remeber you have a child and sometimes finding a babysitter isnt always easy.
    Anonymous

• You might mention in the invitation that this is a mother's day out activity and to come alone for a fun day of just girls. and capitalize where you are registered at. In BOLD letters!
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 3:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm not throwing this shower. My sister is. I'm helping plan it. And we are only going to do it if we find out this is a girl baby.
    MommaWoods

Answer by MommaWoods at 3:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i was thinking the same thing as navy-wife. i don't know your reasoning for having another one after having FOUR.. but i wouldn't tell people not to bring their kids.... my opinion if someone said on an invitation to me would be if you can't accept my kids being there after i buy and bring you a gift (especially if they don't have a sitter or they have little time to spend with there children) then your not getting my gift and i won't be there. And about the registry you can't make people buy what you want. all you can do is request gift receipts. Maybe your requests were too pricey or unrealistic in their eyes?
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• First of all, it's not customary to have a baby shower with your second pregnancy. Some people find that offensive. There are exceptions though. If you are having a boy this time when you had a girl last time...or it has been a tleast 4 years since your last baby. Second, if you want your baby shower to be adults only, then you need to state that on your invites. There is nothing wrong with wanting only adults there. Most baby showers are adults only anyway. There's no easy way to say that you only want adults in attendance but to just say it. And in regards to registry...I don't understand either why most people won't look at what you need. Maybe it's because what you have on there is too pricey for them. If you have a large item like your stroller set, maybe 2 or 3 people can go in together and buy it for you. That way you are still getting what you need, but not one person is shelling out a huge amount.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 3:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Put ADULTS ONLY in bold red letters right under the "What, where, when" and put in bold capitals (but not red) that you are registered at Wherever Store at the very bottom of the page.
    pagan_mama

Answer by pagan_mama at 3:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008