What are the benefits for my daughter if I go back to work for 4-6 hours a week?

I am currently a sahm who never leaves her almost 2 yo daughter. I am considering going back to my old job 1 day a week, but feel so guilty that I just cannot decide if it will be okay to leave my daughter. I feel like she will think I want to leave her and feel like Im abandoning her. People keep saying that it is better for her and it will be healthy. Can someone just tell me in what ways it will help her or a site where I can research it? I just want to make sure that it really will be beneficial for her VS unhealthy and upsetting. (the few times she has stayed w/daddy or one of our parents she was perfectly fine and I dont even think she noticed I was gone and if/when Im working she will only be left with one of those 3 people and/or possibly my grandmother once in a while). Thank you guys!!

asholan_07

Asked by asholan_07 at 3:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im going through the same thing you are except i'm going to be working 20 hours at least a week. i know my son will be fine he'll stay with my mom. It will not cause any harm to your daughter don't worry. I don't have any websites for you but I know many kids that have to stay with others while their parents work and there is no harm done to them. It will be harder on your than your daughter :)
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 3:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• She will have fun playing with the other kids...you'd be surprised.
    Anonymous

• she will be fine infact she would probably like to play with other children. dont feel guilty she will have fun and be just fine with out you one day a week.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think it would be good for her to have a break from you and you from her. I babysit on the weekends and leave my DS with my husband just so they can bond. I babysit during the week but he comes with me so it is a nice break for both of us.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 3:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008