Halloween falls on a Monday?

do you know when you area will be Trick-or-Treating and if you have moved into a new area how do you find out when it will be going on?

Christmaslver68

Asked by Christmaslver68 at 9:39 AM on Aug. 31, 2011 in Holidays

• When we moved here I found out from other moms and my inlaws. If it falls on Monday then we trick or treat Friday night downtown, and trunk or treat on Saturday afternoon/evening. House to house is also Saturday.

Answer by gemgem at 9:41 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• we trick or treat in old town (our version of downtown) all the stores open up and hand out candy and there are activities too

then we go to the older neighborhoods (with older residents) cause they have the best candy and no one ever goes to those streets
    we have a great time at those houses because the grandparent aged people spend a lot of time talking to the kids about their costumes and inspiration. it's really nicer than just ring the bell and getting a bite size thrown in the bag before the door is shut in the face

then we have a few houses we hit where the adults love halloween more than any child could- one guy dresses up as Count Dracula every year and does the accent and everything (we're always afraid he has passed because he's ANCIENT)

and last but not least- community calendar
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:48 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• We just moved into this suburb but luckily my fiance grew up in it as well, we live across the street from his parents in the same house he grew up in and he tells me this area is great for trick or treating. There are tons of kids unlike the area we moved from so we're excited, but I am a lil worried since Halloween is on a Monday. I was wondering will parents be taking their kids to neighborhood parties or parties at the church. We haven't found a church just yet since we've only been in our home for a month but again my fiance says no the kids around here love going door to door so we'll dress up and join them. I figure this is another great way to make friends for both the kids and me.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 9:49 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• we do night of- the downtown may be on the weekend but everywhere else is always night of
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:51 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• The newspaper where we live always put out the hours --each town/neighborhood puts out specific times where I am from.
    thalassa

Answer by thalassa at 10:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• I still plan to trick or treat on Monday - we'll just have to call it an early night and not stay out to late.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• thanks!!!!
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:42 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• but what night do you do your trick or treating if Halloween falls on a Monday????
    Christmaslver68

Comment by Christmaslver68 (original poster) at 9:50 AM on Aug. 31, 2011