Bread MAchine Question

My aunt has a very old Betty Crcker Bread Machine. It's by Betty Crocker and about 15 years old. She lost the manual and instructin books and hasn't used it in at least 5 years. She called BC and it is n longer in prduction and she can't get the manuals. I am wondering if smeone has the same machine and culd share their knowledge with us. AUnt Donna does recall that you put the yeast in last with this machine.

Thanks

Malena

Jerichos_Mommy

Asked by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Food & Drink

• I am not sure what info you would need really. I'm not sure what settings it would have but they are probably similar to the ones one. Mine calls for putting the salt in with the liquid to keep it from mixing with the yeast if you have it on a delay. I put in the liquid, salt, and the things like eggs, margarine, fruit, whatever. Then the flour, and make a little resevoir in the middle of the flour, not down far enough to get to the liquid, and put the yeast in that for the reason I said earlier. I have heard that some machines are just dough mixers and then you would need to proof it on your own and then reknead it and then bake it. I am assuming this is an all in one machine that they have been making for a while now that mixes, rises, kneads, rises and then bakes. I hope that helps. really if you just do like I do mine one time you could probably tell if it was going to work.
    28yroldgranny

Answer by 28yroldgranny at 7:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008