FAKE DIPLOMAS? IS IT POSSIBLE?

MY NIECE DROPED OUT OF SCHOOL AND IS GOING ON AND ON ABOUT PAYING HER FRIEND TO MAKE HER A AKE DIPLOMA. DO PEOPLE REALLY DO THIS AND IF THEY DO ISNT IT ILEGAL? CAN YOU CET CAUGHT?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Do not know if can be real I imagine with degrees that are not state certified...BUt yeah I am sure possible felony..I am sure at one point someone will detect this person is not educated and will tell..Yes I am sure lots of ways to get caught..I would tell her to get up and do it right way..not to get introuble
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:11 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I've never heard of it, but I'm sure people do it. Why would you, though? I've never had to show my diploma to anyone. And I've worked a lot of places. I guess a govt job might ask for it, but if she's buying a fake diploma she's probably not working for the govt.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:49 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I'm not sure if it's illegal, it probably is. But she'll end up getting caught and at the very least get fired from a job for lying on her application. Why can't she just go get her GED?? My lil brother did that and passed with a high score without even studying.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:40 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is illegal if she submits it as a valid document. People do it though. I wouldn't recommend it. Getting the GED would be a lot safer.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 7:42 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is illegal and yes you can get caught
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• oh wow... fake id, fake diploma... same basic concept. only a fake diploma is a waste of paper. Get her some info on getting her ged in your area, it will benefit her in the long run and I don't think it takes that long to complete. Plus tell her when shes done, she can have grad party. She'll do it.
    ChasesMommy0115

Answer by ChasesMommy0115 at 1:10 PM on Jul. 16, 2008