Would You let A 13 Year Old Watch Your Kids If She Is Really Good With Them

sunsetcherry219

Asked by sunsetcherry219 at 10:57 AM on Aug. 31, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Nope. My kids only stay with adults in our family.

Answer by gemgem at 10:58 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• No i wont let anyone under 18
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 10:59 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• That wouldn't work in my house.
    I could see this situation working for other households IF there is a responsible adult on standby.
    mas2124

Answer by mas2124 at 11:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• No, I was a mature 13 year old and watched my niece (she is differently abled) but I wouldn't -- only adults!
    PurplWildFlower

Answer by PurplWildFlower at 11:00 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• I started babysitting for neighbors when I was 13. Of course they knew my mom was a telephone call away.

Answer by Bmat at 11:02 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• My brother and SIL let their 13 yo son watch the neighbors kids when the parents had a 'dinner party' at the others house. They were only a few houses away so the parents were within easy reach of anything came up. But for trips away from home, only if I was very comfortable with them and a responsible adult was nearby.
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:09 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• If it was family and I was only gone a short time (up to 1 hour ).
    nova.mommy

Answer by nova.mommy at 11:11 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• For a couple of hours at the most, while I ran errands or something like that. Now that my son is 2, I don't have a problem with it, but I wouldn't do it with an infant.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:12 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• I've let my 13 year old neice watch my son for short periods of time (like if I wanted to run to the store) or for longer if he was asleep. But I didn't go too far away and I made sure she had my number and knew the whole emergency drill. I know it wasn't unusual at all to hire a 13 year old babysitter in previous generations, but I'm not sure if kids are just less mature now or if parent's are just more picky about childcare.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 11:14 AM on Aug. 31, 2011

• depends on the kid and the cirumstances. I know some very mature 13 year olds and some not so mature.
    daerca574

Answer by daerca574 at 11:19 AM on Aug. 31, 2011