want to TTC

OK, my son is 14 months old. DH and I originally agreed no kids, then decided just one --- well now I want just one more. I can't shake it. I miss the feeling of being pregnant - EVERYTHING....give me ideas how to shake this feeling as DH said hes not ready

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well... you're a mother and a woman, and I can't help but think that most of us are in-bred with a desire to be mothers once, twice, for some, dozens of times! I really don't think you can just shake off this desire. All you can do is list the pros and cons of conceiving another child. Do you have the time to dedicate, the energy, the money, all that stuff. And, (somewhat) unfortunately, you probably should consider the father in all this. In a marriage, such a large decision should never be made by just one of the partners.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I felt this way immediately after giving birth for about 10 weeks. Now I can't bear the thought of taking any attention away from my little guy to give to another baby. Keep in mind that your baby is about to enter the terrible twos, and you'll probably have days where you'll want to tie your own tubes. :)

When you're both completely ready, you'll feel so much more confident, you won't have to ask us to help you out. :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• There really is no shaking it ... it's natural and you should not mess with nature ;) If you really want to have another, give it some time and don't make an issue of it with your dh. Men don't bond as quickly as women do. Oh sure, they are bonding and love their babies dearly but it takes them a bit longer to desire another. When a child has better communication skills, is when the daddy's really bond. There is no more guessing and daddy's don't feel so clueless or helpless and then when they can hold little conversations and daddy learns just how precious life is. Let your toddler do the work for you. Give him time to adjust to his own feelings, it will probably come natural for him to. Good luck to you =]
    jen.jenuine

Answer by jen.jenuine at 6:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• thanks for all your replies...each of you are right on! Happy New Year
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Jan. 1, 2009