My spouse is going to school to be an

occupational therapy assistant. Does any one on the site do this as a career and if so, do you like it, make a decent salary, and are jobs available in this field? Thank you!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Money & Work

• http://online.onetcenter.org/link/summary/31-2011.00 You can find all the information you are looking for at this website. Occupational Therapist Assistants has been determined by the Dept of Labor to be an In Demand job. The projected growth from 2006-2016 is higher than average at 21%. The field is going to need approximately another 10,000 employees in that time. The average national wage is $45,050 per year.

Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 4:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I worked HR in my area's county hospital. They are a non-profit, but they paid considerably less than the 45k the PP quoted. We paid closer to 28k.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008