Do you let your kids stay up for New Years Eve?

Do you let them stay up as late as they can make it?

wonderpetsmom

Asked by wonderpetsmom at 4:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Holidays

• Sure, why not. They don't have school until next week.
    sydsmom2

Answer by sydsmom2 at 4:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Hubby and I's anniversary is Jan 1, so my mom has always kept the kids on New Year's Eve. It is their tradition; she does let them stay up as late as they can, but last year was the first year they made it.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 4:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No, I don't. We will do some fun New Years crafts and celebrate b/f they go to bed. My DH and I will stay up though.........
    wendyb27

Answer by wendyb27 at 4:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I let my oldest. He was 6 last year, and it was his first NYE celebration. I won't be letting my 4 year old try yet, he's too cranky if he doesn't get enough sleep and its not worth screwing up his sleep schedule.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:22 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No... our 7 yr old becomes a bear after 9pm so it's off to bed no later th 9:30 on non school nights...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 4:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I let my teens stay up. They usually have friends over or go over to their friends houses and have sleep overs.
    wonderpetsmom

Answer by wonderpetsmom at 4:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I only have a 2 year old, he can make it til midnight but I don't think that's fair to him, he's too much of a mess the next day.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• haha noooo way. shes only 6mo & cant make it past 7:30 haha. but if she can when shes older i will let her stay up. when i was a teen my parents would be in bed by 10...even on NYE haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sure, it's fun. They didn't make it last year. They all passed out around 10pm. The year before (when they were 7, 6, 5 and 21 months) they all made it to midnight. The baby then promptly passed out as did the 5yo a few minutes later. I had to wake her up so she could go up to her room, lol. The other two were out as soon as their heads hit the pillow.
    We don't do anything to celebrate, though. My husband usually has to work on the 1st and that means he has to get up at 4:30am so we can't make noise.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 1:51 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• I let my son last year(he was almost 7 then)but this year no!!He has ADHD and his meds just didn't last and he did nothing but whine and cry when I told him it was time for bed(12:30am)!!
    ArmyWife041408

Answer by ArmyWife041408 at 3:26 AM on Dec. 30, 2008