Do you write "Thank you" notes for gifts recieved?

With the holiday just past us, I was wondering how many do or do not write thank you notes for things that they and their family have gotton as gifts?

JayGirlsMom

Asked by JayGirlsMom at 4:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• i don't i just thank them when i get them
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We don't either...I do make sure my daughter thanks them individually and remembers who gave them what.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 4:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Depends on the occasion and if it's someone we see every day or not. We will be sending out Thank you's with their new christmas picture to most of the people they got gifts from since we leave 1800 miles away now,
    tat2edmommyof2

Answer by tat2edmommyof2 at 4:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No we don't and I've never recieved one either. So I guess most people don't.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 4:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Only if we can't thank them personally. I hate thank you notes and avoid them whenever possible. My grandmother used to insist on them even if you thanked her to her face.
    Silvertears1275

Answer by Silvertears1275 at 4:43 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Not for Christmas presents I don't. Just like the others, my girls are taught to thank them individually as they get the gift or call if it's a mailed gift. But we always do for B-day gifts! Good luck getting them done!
    Fullyblessed

Answer by Fullyblessed at 4:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No, not for holiday gifts, but for the kids birthdays and showers and stuff, yes.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 4:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yes I write Thank you notes even for Christmas gifts. My dd writes her own now. It's just how my mother raised me. If I don't do it, then I feel awful. And yes we thank the gift giver in person too!
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 5:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Only if it's sent in the mail or something...and a lot of times I'd just say thanks on the phone. I only do that for Christmas and maybe birthdays, though...and other ocassion I guess I'd send a written note. I was thinking about this the other day, though, and I think I'd encourage my son to write thank you's for all of his gifts. I'd be good writing practice, anyway!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Not for christmas gifts- we'll call and thank them or if they are there we will. But birthday gifts, we write thank you notes. We used to write thank yous for christmas but then realized no one else was writing them to us... so we stopped.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008