Do any of you "older' moms with grown children .............

Ever read about a child doing this or that and immediately go back in time when yours were little...? I find myself doing this a lot, it makes me remember the good old days of children..

Asked by older at 6:50 PM on Aug. 31, 2011 in Just for Fun

Level 68 (2,211,138 Credits)
  • Yes, I do. And, I have to laugh. Mostly at my daughter, when she calls and tells me what the granddaughters are doing. I have to laugh, simply because I can remember her and her brother doing it to me.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:12 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• yes, I am lucky enough to be able to babysit my 2 & 3 year old nieces during the day, so I get to relive toddlerdom on a daily basis, I appreciate it more now, I think, than with my first, although I enjoyed him very much. I just have so much more patience now.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:57 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• You are lucky indeed, I call the friends I have that have grand children just to get my baby fix, the only thing in my life that is missing, but it is in the works.....

Comment by older (original poster) at 6:59 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• yes

Answer by admckenzie at 7:00 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• YES! I have the best of both worlds right now though and I know I am extremely lucky. I have 3 grown children (18, 19 and 22) and still have an 11 and 6 yr old at home. I had the last two later in life and really feel like I appreciate them more.

Answer by gemgem at 7:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• Yep....and I can hardly wait for grandbabies, but it looks like I'll have to keep waiting for awhile!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:02 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• I have 2 grown children. One has been in the military, married, divorced (the anti-Christ), and one rather cute granddaughter. My youngest is 16. He is much younger than his brothers. He is an oops! I do remember, but I have the granddaughter who comes and does the same stuff her dad did. She is so much fun!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:22 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• It is so nice to remember....and relive! I know that most young mom's here as I once did myself, sometimes feel overwhelmed at whatever stage of child rearing they are in, but sometimes I can't help but think to myself, this too shall pass....

Comment by older (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• Very true, older. I can remember wondering if it ever truly would pass, and now that it has, I miss it.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 7:55 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• Same here cbk, sweet and sour mix isn't it.....?? at least you got your beautiful grandchildren to play with, I often got to borrow my friends grandchildren to fill that void...I love kids, and their innocence...

Comment by older (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Aug. 31, 2011