why is it that my two year old girl uses the potty all day then at night or morning wont

nikki78045

Asked by nikki78045 at 4:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• laziness/tiredness is my guess. She is too out of it in the am or nite so it is easier to go in a diaper. For now just encourage her to keep it up and when she is tired of being wet she will start at nite too. Another thing is her bladder may not have caught up w/her body yet. I'm preg and I have a hard time making it sometimes lol kwim? give her time-she'll get it mama.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• She may just be tired....
    Anonymous

• I think sometimes kids just don't have the attention span or desire to use the potty. My son will use a potty ALL day and then the next day he won't or sometimes he will go a whole week before he will do it again. So I just leave him alone and when he goes great, when he doesn't oh well. I'll get him better potty trained by the time he's 3.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 4:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'd have to agree with the others. Sounds like when it's close to bed time or when she's just waking up, she's not interested in the process. But at least she's going during the day. Eventually she'll go all the time, she just needs some time. Good luck!
    usa29

Answer by usa29 at 5:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Lucky you, at least she's potty-trained.  But, when it comes to nature, her body will let her know when it's time and she'll let you know, in the process, but don't pressure her, let her tell you when she's ready.  In the meantime, enjoy not having to spend over $100 in disposable dipes or over $100 in cloth diaper cleaning services.

mamadee1971

Answer by mamadee1971 at 7:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• She's probably just tired or as another mom suggested, her body isn't necessarily telling her she has to go/she may not understand she may need to go first thing in the morning or before bed.

Continue to offer her the opportunity to use the potty at those times but if she doesn't want to, don't force it.

Someone once said "you can start training at age 2 and they'll be trained by age 3 or you can wait till they're 3 and they'll be trained at 3".
    Good luck!
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 8:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008