Do you ever feel like its not clean enough?? like everything?

I cant seem to clean it enough. no matter what it is. like i have all kinds of cleaners and i love to buy them, alot!! I always have to wash everything. and if i cant i throw it away. I have always been this way. I can remember when i was in sixth grade and i stayed up like until 2am cleaning my moms fridge to perfection

julzs86

Asked by julzs86 at 3:31 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in About CafeMom

• Sounds like you just might have a little ocd. I'd say if it bothers you or your family than see a doctor or therapist about it. IF it doesn't, then just take it as one of your quirks and leave it at that.
    FiMommy

Answer by FiMommy at 6:26 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am that exact same way. I can clean and clean and it still feels dirty to me. lol
    jaysmommy08

Answer by jaysmommy08 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Have you ever watched Monk he had a condition called Obsessive Compulsive Dissorder. When he'd get nervous he would clean or start worring he forgot to lock the door or something. Maybe you have that and it's not uncommon. I think most people are that way somehow.
    Lizzie32390

Answer by Lizzie32390 at 12:23 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Take stock of what you are thinking about when you start doing this. thenyou can rightly diagnose yourself if not thenyou may need to ask a friend to help you with the diagnosis but pick a friend who is not rude about it! Thenwhen you find out the cause or causes you can work on the cure. Talking it out and even some help from nature with natural products is what I would suggest. Email me for more info.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 1:03 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• no I clean things once and thats it, and I try not to be overly zealous with my babies stuff as I want her to have a good immune systen
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:11 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I am that way. The only time it bothers me is when I need to rest and can't make myself stop. That's when I have to ask myself "honestly, what will it hurt if I stop and rest? Won't this stuff still be hear? What's going to happen if I don't clean so much?"I know the world won't stop spinning. I know I won't die. I know cleaning so much won't really keep me from getting sick. I know it won't keep me from dying. I know it won't hurt my family and friends. I stop cleaning and I rest. Sometimes, I just find something else to do, like talk to a friend, read a book, play a game with my son, watch a movie, make some jewelry and so on. I think that if it doesn't bother you and is not disrupting your family life or work you shouldn't worry about it. Do you have anxiety disorder? I have problems with anxiety and it will sometimes make me a little obsessive compulsive.
    callico

Answer by callico at 12:07 AM on Jul. 20, 2008