Why dont people understand 2 moms are just as good 1and a father????????

It makes me so mad that people perticuly my parents make a huge deal out of my son haveing 2 moms. like we cant get leaglely married in PA. It really makes me mad. I think of her as vincents secound mom amd thats all that maters.

Weldermom123456

Asked by Weldermom123456 at 4:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• i dont know that its just as good cuz he wont have that male father role model in his life but there are ways to make sure he has plenty of male role models in his life.
    Tell your mother to shut up and that your little guy is a happy healthy well loved child and thats what matters in the end.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think a child is lucky to have 1 mom let alone 2, love is what makes a family, not sexuality. be true to yourself-i pray all the time that people will stop thinking the way they do about gay couples. Love is love-it's that simple. (hugs)
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 4:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think 2 moms is great! :) Just as good as a mommy and daddy... as long as they are loved and cared for!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm sorry, but I do not believe in non-traditional families. A family in God's eyes (and apparently our government as well) is a Father, a Mother and children. Two women playing house is not a "family". A boyfriend and a girlfriend with an illegitimate child are not a "family". But this is only my opinion. I would never live that life. What you chose to do with yours is your business.
    Anonymous

• I dont think people get mad at the whole having to moms thing. But the vast majority of people are Christians and homosexuality is a sin (even though EVERYBODY sins as no one is perfect but Jesus and God) My uncle is Gay and his LP and him have three adopted children. They are great parents. God teaches us to respect and love everyone. He made gays for a reason. Maybe to teach us all to understand and love. Those who say there is not place in heaven for Gay people have no right to judge, Now I'm rambling, sorry.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You also have to realize that this is mom and dad you are talking about and its hard for them.(I think). maybe they had different idea when you were growing up. I will be honest here and I don't want to hurt you, so I apologize beforehand if I do. If my daughter told me she was going to have a child and her partner was going to be a woman , I would probably just open my mouth and nothing comes out, it would be a shock.I would not do anyting to hurt her or my grandchild, but, it would really be a life altering shock for me. Instead of being upset with your Mom and Dad, sit down and talk to them quietly, you ask the questions and see what answers you get. Good luck
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Like bearsjen said, love is love. And it doesn't matter if it's mommy and daddy, mommy and mommy, or daddy and daddy, or just mommy or just daddy. Your child is lucky to have love from both of you!
    ta2dirishlass

Answer by ta2dirishlass at 5:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I don't agree with the lifestyle, but I do agree that as long as a child is loved that it doesn't matter whether they have 2 mom's, 2 dad's or a mommy and daddy.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• eeew to that person saying this and that about wat a family is! That is sooooo ignorant its not even funny. You dont have to be married to have a family! My neighbor has 6 kids with one guy and they are not married! R u saying they are not a family? I say completely the opposite! I am a single mother with one son. And we are just as good a family as any. Papers from the government dont make a family. Love makes a family
    IxLuVxMyxBaybee

Answer by IxLuVxMyxBaybee at 5:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• The most important thing for kids is to be raised in a house full of love with people who are dedicated to them and have their well being in mind. You can learn "family roles" and dynamics from 2 mommies...the biggest things you want for your children is for them to appreciate having love in their house, being able to resolve conflict, seeing how happy people interact. We are a more "standard" family (one mom, one dad, and a cat...lol) but the goals are the same and I don't think having a male present makes us "do it better" than you two! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008