did you change your last name when you got married?

thecat3

Asked by thecat3 at 4:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• Sure did. I did not want to have anything to do with my maiden name anymore.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I didnt when i married my sons father at 18 i guess i only kind of new it wasnt going to work but we were kind of forced into getting married cuz of our son. we divorced like 8months later yes how sad that i was divorced by 19 but things happen for a reason.
    This time i married for the right reason and I did take his last name.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• yes i did. i couldn't wait to.
    Anonymous

• Ditto, I did and couldn't wait to...even though I hate his name is miss my maiden name :(
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 5:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• did your husband ask you to change it or....?
    thecat3

Answer by thecat3 at 5:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I wasn't going to, but it seemed important to him so I did. It was more important to him than to me.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 5:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I did not change my last name. Dh accepted it with no problems. In fact, our daughter's last name is hypenated (my last name- DH's last name).
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 5:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My SO and I have been together for years and still aren't married...I would definitely take his last name though. We've never really talked about the name change, but I think its assumed.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I did it and with pleasure. Anyone who wants to pm me will get the story.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 5:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yes, I did. Partly I'm old-fashioned that way, but also I think it is just one more way to show solid togetherness. I have a friend who did not want to change hers until she saw how important it was to her husband; she really didn't realize that he had just always assumed that she would change it when they married.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008