How did you tell you significant other you were pregnant?

jlcazzola

Asked by jlcazzola at 4:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• My hubby knew before I did, I think I was in denial....but I couldn't have been happier!
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 4:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• it wasnt a romantic situation lol we were driving from texas to washington to go home from the millitairy and i was really sick and he asked what was wrong so i told him lol i had planned on waiting till we got home but morningsickness got the better half of me.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 4:52 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• heh I found out in the walmart bathroom stall. I couldn't wait until I got home. I told my hubby I had something important to tell him but he wouldn't stop playing the guitar...he didn't believe me and after 5 pregnancy test he just started laughing...I gues that was his way of being in shock!
    luvsgriffin

Answer by luvsgriffin at 4:54 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• He was there when i took the test. The first time he was stationed away from me and I blurted it out crying over the phone.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 4:55 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I walked out of the bathroom in tears with a positive test. He said he knew before I took the test b/c I smelled different.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• umm well he called me after the took the test i told him he didn't believe me took 3 more tests still not getting it lol when he seen the first altrasound it hit him lol
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This time I thought I was late, but I wasn't sure...I had taken a test by myself a few days earlier and it was negative (he knew I had). We were out for lunch, I still hadn't had a period, and I asked him if he wanted to wait a couple more days or stop by Wal-Mart and buy another test. He said he wanted to test again...we got home, I took it, the control line popped up and then nothing...I put it on the counter, told him it was negative...took care of the groceries and went to throw it away and it was positive. All I could say was "Oh, that's NOT negative"...and he grabbed it and said "No, its not". It was funny.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 5:06 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I found out a couple of days before Christmas, and managed to wait until we exchanged gifts on Christmas Day. I told him I had one last "little something" for him and gave him a package with a newborn sleeper in it. Underneath it were the three positive pregnancy tests I took. His chin started shaking, his eyes were watering, and he said, "Really?" and bowled me over with a bear hug. :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I really didnt think I was pregnant. No normal period, so only symptom I had was HEARTBURN. I took the test for that reason alone. I had heard that people sometimes had heartburn when they were pregnant... I took it, and then I said, "Holy crap does this mean positive? This cant be right!!"
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 6:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I took the pee stick into his apartment's bathroom, came out after the result came in, and asked him "If someone were to tell you they were pregnant, how would you want them to say it?"

then busted out crying.

Now I realize it is the best thing to happen to us.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008