Is this fighting the begining of the END???...

Is this "war" going on in Israel and Hamas the begining of the end of us all??...?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Not quite the beginning of time. . . but damn near close. The Christians in Biblical days thought that they would see the end of the world and the return of Christ before they died. That one didn't work out too well, did it?Guess what? When the world ends, it ends, and there isn't anything anyone can do to stop it.
    No sense worrying, but if you want to, go fill up some water bottles and get yourself some of those emergency 2000 calorie bars and build a nice little bunker. Maybe it will make you less worried.
    I went through a whole year that I couldn't sleep after I studied the end times in high school. Tomorrow has enough worries for itself.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:21 PM on Dec. 30, 2008

• shouldn't this question be in the religious section, I mean it is a current event but saying it is the end of the world would derive religious debate, would it not? I will answer the question politically, no I do not, why would it? Because it is in Israel? Why would it or should it signify the end for us all?
    SheriSanchez

Answer by SheriSanchez at 5:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Hamas is not a country it's terrorist organisation. The war is between Isreal and Palestine. I think U.S. must stay out of that.
    Anonymous

• oh jesus christ, this kind of fighting has been going on FOREVER and its probably not going to stop anytime soon and in my opinion it definitely does not signify the end of the world
    learae

Answer by learae at 6:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Were you asking Jesus what he thought, learae? Let's use some respect here, okay?! The person who wrote this post is most likely Christian, so can we leave out the blasphemy please and show some respect? I'm sure you'd appreciate the same even by someone who just happens to not agree?!
    Anonymous

• hah no it was like me sighing, like oh jesus christ, kinda like oh here we go. but by all means bust on me for saying something that wasnt that big of a deal about a question that is just absurd
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• plus why would i assume that they are religious considering that the question is posted in current events and not religion & beliefs. i wouldnt go there and say something like that because it would OBVIOUSLY offend someone. even though im an agnostic/atheist i dont get offended when people say oh thank god
    learae

Answer by learae at 7:24 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Palestine and Israel have been fighting since the beginning of time. No it is not the end of anything.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 7:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No, I dont think so. The fighting over there has been going on forever.
    lucandpepsmom

Answer by lucandpepsmom at 8:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Wow, my hubby and I were somewhat talking about this earlier... basically wondering if this will begin WWIII, which is what I think the poster was asking (maybe religious also, not 100% sure, but whatever). If the US decides to get involved for Isreal then I think it could escalate, but I think I do remember this happening quite frequently. There will be flare ups between groups and then it will settle down. It would affect us if the US got involved bc hubby is military, but frankly, I would rather stress about something else at the moment that is a definite. That's just me though
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 9:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008