Cute short haircuts for little girls...besides a bob?

Taking DD6 to get her before school haircut, she wants it short and I would prefer that too. Been looking around for cute hair cuts for little girls and seem to only find a bob cut. Anyone have cute little girls with short hair to show me? Or give me advice on a cute cut? Thanks!

MamaZena

Asked by MamaZena at 10:40 PM on Aug. 31, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I let my GD choose her haircut before school last yr..UGH. She cut 9 inches off it and had it just shy of shoulder length. It was a total PITA. It was too short to put in a ponytail and her hair is thick and heavy so barrettes rarely work. I couldn't wait for it to grow back. I told her..it's long...or so short it can't fall in her face.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:43 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• my daughters hair style

Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 10:49 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• No offense Alcnic29, Im sure your DDs adorable, but that's what I'm talking about! Thats seemingly the only haircut out there for a little girl, I would like something different, but still cute, you kwim?
    MamaZena

Comment by MamaZena (original poster) at 11:42 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• yea idk i just had em cut a few inches off nothing much, i honestly don't know really lol all i ask for is take off like 3 inches and call it a day could always do layers through it or something idk i throw my hair in a ponytail daily :P
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 11:46 PM on Aug. 31, 2011

• What about a pixie cut? Or a pageboy? Check out some Google images for those terms. (The images for "pageboy haircut" are ALL over the map, though. lol)

My daughter's hair is shorter than a bob, but is long enough to be all one length (it was VERY short in a pixie cut about this time last year, kind of like Jamie Lee Curtis or maybe Halle Berry's short style from years ago, or classic Mia Farrow, lol. We were fixing a situation in which she'd cut her front/top hair very, very short....we did a super-short pixie cut in an attempt to integrate that short hair by matching the length all over) so it has grown out from there but still is a short haircut overall. She can tuck it behind her ears, and generally pulls back the hair in front into a clip or barrette (she's growing out her bangs so her hair is all one length, no bangs, generally a side part.)
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 1:28 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• what about the angled bob? Shorter in the back longer in the front. I saw a little girl at the grocery store today with one and it was ADORABLE
    nicoleb89

Answer by nicoleb89 at 2:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• My niece has her hair cut like this (he's 5)

or a pixie cut

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:35 AM on Sep. 3, 2011

• This is cute too...

AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 12:37 AM on Sep. 3, 2011

•     something like this(for the back) it is called a wedge)

RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 10:25 PM on Sep. 6, 2011

• I am a hairdresser and I get asked this question all the time, well it wasn't until I had my own little girl till I understood I didn't want that pageboy/bob with a short fringe that just looks like everyone else. So she had no hair on her sides and i was like what am I going to do? when is it going to grow? :)
    I had a aha moment cut her back into a bob grow her bangs and top out and cover up the sides till they grow in YES! oh but how to keep it out of her eyes, this became her trade mark... braid just the bangs from the part complete braid do not conect the sides , use a fine rubber band!!! simple and cute easy and fast .
    Her sides grew in, her length grew, we now do lots of fun things.
    We trimmed every 6-10 weeks to keep ends nice :) but she is such a girly girl bossing her 14 year old brother around.
    sweeppea70

Answer by sweeppea70 at 9:24 AM on Jan. 12, 2012