How to talk to hubby about ttc?

I was just wondering, i have been married for six months, and me and my hubby talked about ttc august of 09. I was just wondering though, should we sit down before then, and talk about it. How did all of you talk about it and confirm, what month you were going to start ttc. Did you talk about your concerns? How did you bring it up? Just wondering??

Im new to the site... any what not to dos ... like typing in all caps is that a no no... cause it is on babygaga. lol

leahbnaiteacher

Asked by leahbnaiteacher at 5:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Bring it up, but don't go overboard discussing every detail. My husband always tells me he hates it when I talk a subject to death. He basically wants to know what's going on and then move on to something else. If there are concerns you have about after the baby comes such as finances/budgetting, working or staying at home, then you probably should touch on those also. Tell him what you are thinking and ask him what he is thinking, but don't be too pushy for details (he may not have thought about a lot of the little specific things that are on your mind). Good luck!
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 5:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I just brought it up one night. My husband is very understanding and willing to talk about anything. I would go ahead and talk to him. Its a good thing thing to start taking folic acid or prenatals. Also go ahead and go to the dentist before getting pregnant. I love the website www.twoweekwait.com. It is a bunch of ladies trying to concieve. You may also want to check www.fertilityfriend.com. It teaches you how to chart. Also read Taking Charge of your Fertility.
    lisab7982

Answer by lisab7982 at 5:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008