hairy tummy?

Im 23weeks pregnant and have noticed that im getting really dark hair on my tummy is this normal or atleast happen to others? I wana shave it off lol but im afraid if i do it will get worse,
HELP any advice
will it go away later?

Mommy2B04

Asked by Mommy2B04 at 5:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Is it all over, or just in a line from belly button to hoo-ha? The line is called a linea nigra, it's very common (your skin is probably dark under the hair). Otherwise, hair growth is often stimulated when pregnant, so you're going to start finding yourself to be furry in places you weren't before. I wouldn't shave it, as you may irritate the skin, taking it from invisible (to everyone else) peach fuzz to very noticeable irritation.
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Leave it alone... it will lessen or completely disappear after delivery! Us dark-haired girls tend to get it pretty bad during pregnancy, but it will go away.
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am also 23 weeks & am noticing the same thing. It's just a little line "happy trail " below my bellybutton. I hate it but i wouldnt shave it. My hubby says that it was there before but i'm just seeing it now because my belly sticks out,lol. But it is new & i believe it's just our hormones. I dont have much info but i can at least tell u that youre not the only one with this issue.
    Mrs.Hopeful

Answer by Mrs.Hopeful at 5:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This happened to me too during my first pregnancy! And it wasn't just that little line. It was my whole damn belly! lol And I'm pretty fair skinned too. My doc said it's perfectly normal & it's just hormones. It will go away after the baby is born but maybe not for a month or 2. Sorry. I was SO freaked out when this happened. It's not in any pregnancy books I've ever read so I thought I was a freak. lol It's ok. You'll be fine. Don't shave it though. It will just be worse later growing back in.
    megs1228

Answer by megs1228 at 6:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have that, too. I'm 30 weeks. It is not that dark, but there is a significant amount more hair on my tummy.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 6:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i have it too, im 33 weeks now, but mine showed up around 20 weeks. ive never had any hair on my stomach and now i look like a hairy guy! lol. and i dont know about anyone else, but my armpit hair must be on speed, because i shave it and i swear as im getting out of the shower its already back. butttt my legs are the complete opposite, i only have to shave those once a week sometimes once every week and a half! just part of all those other fun things that happen during pregnancy :)
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 7:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008