Is anyone else having to take anti-depressants while pregnant?

I'm not pregnant yet, but I recently was switched to Prozac from another anti-depressant because my husband and I want to have a baby.

mcmaestas

Asked by mcmaestas at 5:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am and everything is going good so far as the meds go. I am high risk for other reasons but many meds ar safe. my doc said the risk of my depression is far greater than the meds. try not to worry mom.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I tried to go through my pregnancy without depression meds but it didn't work out. I was recently prescribed Zoloft which is safe during pregnancy. Lets just say I feel MUCH better. You're mental health is just as important as your physical health during pregnancy. So try not to stress about taking meds. You'll be better off when the baby arrives mind wise.
    blainesmommy03

Answer by blainesmommy03 at 5:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have taken Zoloft while pregnant and breastfeeding
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Has anyone taken Prozac? If so, what is/was your dosage?
    mcmaestas

Answer by mcmaestas at 6:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I took Effexor XR through my first pregnancy (I've been on it for 8 years), and all was well. My daughter is perfectly healthy and happy. I'm pregnant again now, and am still on it. I agree with blainesmommy03. You mental health is very important, and depression during pregnancy can lead to problems for the baby. Don't fret about being on meds. You're doing the right thing for you and the baby! Good luck!
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008