How often should a 3month old nap?

my 13week old gets up at around 6-7am then takes a nap around 8am untill between 11am and 12pm and then she gets a bath at 5;30 and is asleep by 6:30 but between 1 and 5 she is so cranky and crys no matter what i do. Should i try to get her to nap again or will it make her not go to sleep at night?

KeagansMom08

Asked by KeagansMom08 at 5:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• When my son was that young, he would nap after every meal. The times would vary, but he would at least go to sleep. He still does that now at 7 months, but one nap is usually very long and then the rest are like little power naps :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 7:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• she's tired, let her nap. My friends son is 2 and he still naps 2 times a day.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:23 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You could try getting her to nap again and see if it messes up the night. Otherwise, I think you just need to let her do her thing!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My 3 month old naps 4 times a day. She goes down 1 1/2 to 2 hours after each feeding for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 5:28 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sounds like colic. My baby had it. And her boughts were in the middle of the morning. Her doctor changed her milk. And she got better. Just make sure you have someone to help you if you get overwhelmed.
    Zarviemom19

Answer by Zarviemom19 at 5:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008