Anything i should be worried about ?

My daughter said this to me: " I have a lump underneath the skin on the right side of my vagina.. The outer lips where I grow hair.. Ican feel it.. It moves, but I can't see it. I can only feel it .." .... Can anyone help me out!? She said she's had it for a while but she forgot about it..

maura9073

Asked by maura9073 at 2:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• take her to the gynecologist

traren

Answer by traren at 2:31 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• take her in to be seen. you don't want to take any chances.
    mom2lyl

Answer by mom2lyl at 2:33 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• An appointment really should be made with a gyno, just to be sure. It may be nothing, but it's better to be safe rather than sorry.
    fey-enigma

Answer by fey-enigma at 2:37 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• Thankyou all! but I just didn't know if it could be a cyst... or hernia?...
    maura9073

Comment by maura9073 (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• May be nothing serious but needs checking out.
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• Umm...the doctor? Not to be rude, but my butt would be on the phone right now instead of on here. That is to be taken seriously. Not a question for others to answer, or a google question.
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 3:29 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• you were being rude. i was just curios as to what other people think.. if it was common. it's 3:30 in the morning. clearly i can't call a doctor right now. i planned on it first thing in the morning.. i was just wondering if anyone else had this problem so i wouldnt stress about it as much..
    maura9073

Comment by maura9073 (original poster) at 3:34 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• I have gotten those before when I was younger... it wasn't ever anything. But, you just never know...so of course get her checked out.

If she is having a fever or any weird feeling it could be something serious...for me it was usually from being overheated down there and from razor burns...sometimes it would itch but that's all it was. Best of luck sweetie :)
    morganonmic

Answer by morganonmic at 4:24 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• It might just be from shaving i have lumps on my skin from it and i asked my doctor not too long ago and he said it was just skin but he said too if it get uncomfortable to come back. so if it hurts her she should go and get it checked.
    bellasmommy1988

Answer by bellasmommy1988 at 6:39 AM on Sep. 1, 2011

• Could be an ingrown hair, could be a 'boil', could be a cyst - get an appointment and get her checked.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:16 AM on Sep. 1, 2011