Are you done having kids?

Are you done having kids? If you are, why don't you want anymore? We think we are done with our 3 boys, but are not 100%.

mamatomy3boys

Asked by mamatomy3boys at 5:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• I always wanted to have at least 2 kids.

We have 1 daughter now. But my husband doesnt want anymore children. So we are done having kids.I have to accept and respect this wish.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Not by far! I'm pregnant with our second, and we're wanting quite a few more =)
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 5:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• my dh only wanted 2, I always wanted 3. we have 2 boys (4 and 1). During my last pregnancy I was experiencing some mild heart problems. I ignored them thinking they were pregnancy symptoms. During labor I was hooked up to an ekg and having a heart dr. stare at me the entire time I was there. I've had a few dr.s plus my obgyn tell me that it would be in my best interest to be done or I could have a heartattack on the delivery table. My dh and I talked and we decided to be done. Not saying that kids aren't worth the risk, but I'd like to be around to watch my boys grow up.
    liltymesmom

Answer by liltymesmom at 5:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yes had a very difficult pregnancy I am set If I became [reg again than that is another story
    jmegee

Answer by jmegee at 5:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I thought we were done and we even made the appointment to have him go in to make it final. A couple days before the surgery, we found out that each other wanted another child and said we were fine with the 3 because we thought the other didn't want another ... lol ... if that made any sense. I have an 18 & 15 year old from previous marriage. Together we have a 3 yr old and pretty sure another is on the way. There were plenty of reasons not have a 4th but many more reasons to have.

But, everyone is different. I had a hard time making it FINAL more than anything. You can choose not to have another now but once you close the door, it is hard to reverse it if your feelings change. Really give yourselves time for that. Three yrs ago, I did not want a 4th and now I can't wait =]
    jen.jenuine

Answer by jen.jenuine at 5:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• There are sometimes where I think it would be nice to have another (we have 2 boys ages 4yo and 23 mo), but then I quickly get over it. I know we cannot afford to have another child. Financially it would put us in dire straights if we were to have another. Also, the chances of having a child with a neurotube defect will go up drastically if we were to have a third. I have Spina Bifida and the chances go up the more children you have. Neurotube defects run rampant on my mom's side of the family.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 5:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• definately done had one at 18 one at 26 wanted a girl never got one youngest serious issues pregnancy miserable and dont want to start over ever again... so sad used to love babies but after the last one cant do it again would lose my mind.
    danahake

Answer by danahake at 6:51 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We have one and are done right now. That doesn't mean its set in stone. We would like to have just her, and then adopt an older child once dd gets older. But who knows what will happen in the future. But we know right now, that we don't want any more.
    abigail824

Answer by abigail824 at 7:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Well we have 5 boys , 5,3,2,17mo,4mo all very close we know, all were natrually concieved without planning we wanted to have them as they came. We were on birth control with our 3,2 and 1yr old and it failed us but there was obvuisly a reason for that and would'nt want to change it. We are going to try in 3yrs for 1 more hopefully a little girl which would make us very happy but we would still be very happy with a boy. But for me being stuck in a house with 6 boys dayin-dayout it does make me mre greatful if i had a girl.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 7:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We are done. We have 4 children. 2 are mine, 1 is my husbands and we have 1 together. I have horrible pregnancies and each of my children came earlier than the one before.
    Magpie75

Answer by Magpie75 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008