Why does my baby spit up after almost every bath?

My baby will be 6 months old Jan 3rd. Everytime I give my baby a bath she spits up right after I have her clean clothes on. I usually time it so I bathe her 30minutes before she due for another bottle. And she enjoys baths... she doesn't cry during her bath... she fusses a little while I'm dressing her... but as soon as the clothes are on she stops... and within 5 secs to 2 minutes after I get her dressed she spits up. She eats a bottle about every 3-4 hours... so shes spitting up about 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours after shes ate... and this happens probably 3 out of 4 times I bathe her. ( I bathe her everyday or every other day).

dtetz

Asked by dtetz at 5:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She may be swallowing a lil water plus the bath is shaking her tummy up.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• And thats exactly why you should bath the child BEFORE you feed it. :)

My midwife always told me to feed the baby after giving her a bath. Twice, so far, we were trying to feed her before the bath and she spit it all out. Why? They are moving around in the tub, most babies/toddlers are very active in the tub. They splash the water, the have fun. All this movement upsets the stomach and thats why they usually spit up.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• She said she was bathing the baby before feeding time!

My little guy does the same thing ocassionally (like last night). I don't know about your's, but my baby kicks and splashes like crazy when he's in the tub! I think he just gets things moving around too much (like when you bounce them too rough and cause stuff to come up) and it dribbles out. You're little one will outgrow it eventually. :D
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• she says "30minutes before another bottle" which means right before feeding ;)
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 5:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Lol I love you guys... you are so funny! I think she read it wrong.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 6:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008