Are there any "signs" of a big baby on the way?

prmami2b

Asked by prmami2b at 5:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• not unless doc says so. even if u are big for how far along u are most times it is water and other parts gaining not the baby. u/s is only way to tell that.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 5:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• An ultrasound showing one. :) I was going to be induced a few days after I delivered (had I not gone into labor on my own) because they were worried about my baby getting too big. They figured he was about 7 1/2 to 8 pounds...and he was over 9!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 5:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i had an altrasound saying my dd was gonna b like 9 lbs and so they induced me and she was only 7lbs 14oz
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 5:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am 29 weeks
    prmami2b

Answer by prmami2b at 5:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Size will be just one of the first fun surprises your baby will give you! In my family, we always get a pool going on weight and length (and sex, if it's a surprise). I don't know that anyone has ever really collected their winnings, but it's fun to have everyone guess, anyway! The biggest guess I had was 8 lbs 13 oz, and we all thought my father-in-law was just being cruel...until I had a 9 lb 4 oz baby! Most guesses were in the 7 pound range, as well as a couple inches shorter than his 23. Everyone also guessed that I would go early, and I was five days late, so it was extra fun to prove EVERYONE wrong!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 6:02 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Not really... Babies are all so unique to themselves. Ultrasounds are usually off. Are you concerned?
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 6:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Since you're 29 weeks and hopefully not experiencing any contractions or bleeding or anything I'll assume you're wondering for when the time comes....I have 3 kids and with my first I had no idea what the hell to expect. For an entire day I felt like I had to poop. Yes, BM. This is exactly what no one wants to talk about but is the clearest sign you can have!! With my second as soon as I felt like that it was time to push. You get the idea. It's all pressure related. Other signs are not sure proof...other than water breaking.
    Anonymous