Essure procedure

I had the essure procedure done 3 years ago.It is a permanent for of birth control involving implants that scar and block the fallopian tubes.I have regretted it terribly for the last year.I heard it may be possible to have this so called permanent procedure reversed.Have you had a successful reversal of the essure procedure?Were you able to have kids afterwards?I would really love to hear your story.

callico

Asked by callico at 4:33 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in About CafeMom

• wow thats a tough one!!Just make sure you get alot of opinions by ob/gyn docs!That must be a horrible feeling for you.Just make certain that its safe before you do it.I would think anything is possible now.There are always complications with any surgery so make sure you are informed of all of it before you make your decisions-ask ask ask!write down all your questions on paper and make a couple of reputable ob/gyn docs answer them.Can you go to someone that is a fertility specialist also.Be informed I think that is your most valuble tool in this situation.i wish you the best of luck
    hollid

Answer by hollid at 11:11 AM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Thank you hollid.
    callico

Answer by callico at 7:52 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• I am in the same boat as you...there is no reversal i have been told only a chance for IVF
    amafy20

Answer by amafy20 at 8:54 PM on Aug. 31, 2008