what age did you introduce the sip cup to your baby?

I have a 6 month old and I don't know when to introduce the sippy to him. what age did you introduce it? How did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As soon as they could sit up with little assistance. Usually about 6 months, I had all three of mine off the sippy cup and bottles by 12 mos. I hated those things.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 6:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You can start now... I love the way you phrased it! It's definately an introduction sorta thing... Some freak out or are disintrested for a long time. I'd get one out now maybe with some apple juice cut with water (espeically if you have started solids already) and just let you lil one try it at every meal. Good Luck!! :)
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 6:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My daughter is breastfed so as soon as she started getting water and juice she got a sippy. She has had one and used it since she was about 7 months old. I personally love WAGI brand. They are from walgreens and are 2 for $3. They don't leak and are easy to hold and drink from.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 6:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My daughter breastfed exclusively, never a bottle, and so when I decided to give her juice, water,etc she went right to a sippy which was at 6 months.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 6:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• when my son turned 12 months. i just stoped giving him the bottle and told him no bubbie. he took it well and was quieck to learn hmmm milk/juice =cup. good luck mama
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 6:26 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I gave the cups with the silicone tops because they are more like nipples. I gave it to my daughter around 6 months and she took to it right away.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My dd was around a yr before I gave her a sippy cup. Learned from that mistake. So my son was almost 4 months old when he started using the sippy cups. Start the sippy cups when ever you think your child is ready.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My daughter starting using it at 5-6 months.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i starting it when my son was 4 or 5 months.i always put water in it though.
    babyjoe21

Answer by babyjoe21 at 9:27 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• First introduced at around 4 months, could drink independently at age 7.5 months. I give her diluted juice in it.
    springtimemomma

Answer by springtimemomma at 9:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008