Dilation question??

I have been watching the thread about feeling yourself dilate for information, but the other lady is having leaking and stuff and I'm not. I am down to a couple weeks left of this pregnancy and I haven't been to the doctor in a couple weeks to be checked, but I have felt different the last few days. I don't know how else to say it, other than to just say it...but if you cut yourself off from pooping and feel like you're sucking a turd back in (yeah, my sister got a good laugh out of this analogy too...God, I should go anonymous on this one!), that is how my vag feels when I stop peeing, like something is bobbing back in. Its weird. I never dilated on my own last pregnancy because I was induced...so ladies...I want to know...those of you who have been dilated for a couple weeks before you went into labor...did things feel any different? What did it feel like?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 6:29 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It sounds like baby might be engaged to me from your description .

The honest truth is you can't feel dilation happening , you can feel contractions which usually means dilation is happening but not the dilation itself .

Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• So at risk of sounding dumber than I already have...lol...what does the baby being engaged mean?
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If it means sitting on the exit, I'm sure of that much! I can feel its head under my pubic bone whenever I walk, sit on something hard, or try to sit up from laying down. This baby needs to come out.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:36 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I was dilated to 4 before I had my 5 month old. I didn't feel any different per say. I did have period like cramps that my doc said was caused by dilation. They say with your 2nd one that you tend to dilate then efface. Engaged mean that your baby is locked and loaded (dropped, head in the right position for birth, etc) lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:37 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Thats exactly what it means - locked into the pubic bone .
    THe cut off feeling you experience is probably caused by the head bobbing up and down much like a cork on the cervix.
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 6:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• lol...thanks ladies. That sounds like what it probably is then. Still, I would love to hear I will deliver tonight! lol
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 6:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• lol I hope you do!!! Have lots of sex and walk around the block while massaging your nipples lol
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 6:56 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• well i was dialated to 3 cenimeters for 3 months, and having contractions, other then the contractions i really didn't feel anything different, or maybe i justdon't remember
    Trinity32188

Answer by Trinity32188 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2008