ultrasound

i'm 12 weeks pregnant and every time i had an ultrasound they did and internal when are they going to do the external one, and whens the best one for my husband to go to they would not let him go in any other the other ones

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• He should go in everytime! u tell them "he's coming" they cannot stop him it is your choice. I had my first external at about 14 weeks, it depends on if they can see the lil peanut. If they cannot they do the internal.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• thats weird they wouldnt let him go in the room for the u/s. they wont do anymore u/s untill your 20wks unless you are high risk for some reason. But at your 20week it will be a external u/s and its the one they do to measure the baby and look at the spine, kidneys, bladder, brain and awhole lot more and it takes a good half hour to do plus you can find out the sex if you wana and well it depends on if baby is in a good postion to see.
    Congrats
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 6:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• around 13-16 weeks is when yhey do the first external
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 6:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You are right on the border of when my obgyn switched me from transvaginal (internal) u/s's to on the tummy u/s's. Your hubby should be allowed to go to every single appointment including u/s's! I would definately ask why they said no to him. I've only ever heard of them asking that you don't bring in young children to the u/s.
    litstargazer

Answer by litstargazer at 7:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It's been a while since I was pregnant (about 10 years) and the only time they did an internal u/s was just after I had emptied my bladder. They said the bladder needed to be full to use the external u/s. Something to ask?
    marla32

Answer by marla32 at 2:40 PM on Dec. 31, 2008